[Reportbug-maint] Reportbug - adding a GTK UI

Sandro Tosi matrixhasu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 09:54:39 UTC 2008

>> * window size: I'd choose a window size bigger than the "initial" one,
>> and at least so that it won't change during window navigation.
>
> I do agree. In the patch I have set 800x600 the bugs dialog, but I haven't tried it due to packages.debian.org downtime.

use -O to skip internet tests

> Patches attached, they might need the previous 3 patches to be committed.
> Shouldn't be a pain if you don't want to commit the previous 3.

both patches series applied (committed at r647), but:

$ reportbug --ui gtk2 -O --debug checkgmail
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 1821, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 844, in main
    return iface.user_interface()
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 1029, in user_interface
    "Please change your locale if this is incorrect.\n\n", charset)
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 82, in ewrite
    return quietly or ui.log_message(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/reportbug/ui/gtk2_ui.py",
line 1199, in log_message
    return assistant.set_progress_label (*args, **kwargs)
NameError: global name 'assistant' is not defined

Sandro