[Reportbug-maint] reportbug patch for windows

Ritesh Raj Sarraf rrs at researchut.com
Fri Apr 3 21:35:18 UTC 2009

Hi,

Attached is a patch for reportbug (querybts) to make it run on Windows.
There are 2 modules, pwd and tempfile, which are platform dependent, not
available on Windows. These 2 modules are only needed for the reportbug tool
and are not required for a query to the BTS.

I have a plain patch to just handle imports for these 2 modules. Another
option could be to separate platform specific modules to a separate file.

Why this should be done?
I have an application, pypt-offline, an offline package manager for Debian. One of
the core features for it is to be able to download bug reports and make it
available offline.
I'd like to use reportbug for my app's bug fetch requirement because reportbug
is the most used bts tool in Debian and thus the best maintained. :-)

Ritesh