[Reportbug-maint] Question on #524511

Y Giridhar Appaji Nag giridhar at appaji.net
Tue Apr 21 04:33:29 UTC 2009

On 09/04/20 19:28 +0200, chaica said ...
> I read the reportbug code and saw in debianbts that available tags are
> hardcoded. #524511 asks for the possibility to specify his own tag. Is
> there any reason we shouldn't allow advanced or/and expert users to add
> their own tags ? I'm asking because it seems to be a relevant feature.

I think we should allow all the tags that are allowed by the BTS.  And
we should not restrict setting tags to expert users only (except perhaps
those used by the release team).

This is for the same reason as we allow usertags for everybody via the
--pseudo-header option.

Cheers,

Giridhar

--