[Reportbug-maint] still interested in using debbugs SOAP instead of HTML?

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Thu Apr 22 20:48:16 UTC 2010

Hello Bastian,
thanks for your email.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 22:43, Bastian Venthur <venthur at debian.org> wrote:
> Hi reportbug team,
>
> are you still interested in porting reportbug to debbugs' SOAP interface
> for fetching bugreports?

Of course we are.

> I'd be still willing to help porting reportbug
> to python-debianbts which runs like a charm for almost two years now for
> reportbug-ng.

Before doing the switch, we have to perform some preparatory steps:

- code cleanup
- implement a unittest suite
- possibly refactoring

We'll do it in the coming months, but definitely not for squeeze,
since we're trying to stabilize reportbug (fixing bugs and refreain
from introducing new features).

> Just a short crashcourse into debianbts:

Nice, Thanks!

Regards,