[Resolvconf-devel] Question about dnscache script

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Jan 9 14:13:50 UTC 2008

On Wed 2008-01-09 03:33:12 -0500, Thomas Hood wrote:

>          cd "$SERVICEDIR"
>          for SVC in * ; do

This seems reasonable: it removes one extra process invocation as
well, which is always nice.  I've committed it and one other minor
cleanup.

But it's still not going to be able services named with spaces because
of:

for SVC in * ; do
 SVC="$SERVICDIR/$SVC"
 CACHES="$SVC $CACHES"
done

followed later by:

for CACHE in $CACHES ; do
done

maybe a sh array would be the right thing to use here?  i'm pushing
the limits of my POSIX sh knowledge by suggesting that, though.
Anyone got a concrete example of how it would be done?

Thanks for the feedback,

       --dkg