[Resolvconf-devel] resolvconf in Ubuntu

Thomas Hood jdthood at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 19:29:39 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 11:30, Sander van Grieken <
sander at outrightsolutions.nl> wrote:

> On 11/11/2011 10:37 AM, Thomas Hood wrote:
> > Let's start by implementing in the Debian version everything that is
> > compatible with both distros.  Thus:
> >
> > * resolvconf --initialize-directory-structure
> > * resolvconf --enable-updates
> > * resolvconf --disable-updates
> Yes this sounds great. Maybe also with short options [...]?

I have implemented these and pushed the changes to git.  You can see
everything at http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=resolvconf/resolvconf.git

For now I prefer not to implement short versions of the options.

> What else should be done in the Debian package?
> I think only adapting the postinst script to use the new cmdline options?

I have adapted the initscript, but haven't made big changes to the
postinst.  The preinst and postinst were very carefully written to
support the transition to /run between squeeze and wheezy and
I want to avoid touching these scripts if I can.  They *will* have
to be hacked to handle the different Ubuntu circumstances.

> The coming week I'm in the process of emigrating to finland, so I'm not
> able to do much, but after that I have 2 weeks to settle in, and do some
> work there.

Leaving the Netherlands?