[sane-announce] Code freeze for sane-backends 1.0.18

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Jun 26 19:23:19 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

Code freeze for sane-backends 1.0.18 is now active.
After code freeze only fixes of grave bugs that render a backend
completely unusable or break compilation and documentation updates are
accepted.

Time table:
2006-07-02 Release

There have been quite some changes since the last release. Therefore
please test the current version of sane-backends carefully, so all
bugs are found until release. Current snapshots are available here:

http://www.sane-project.org/snapshots/

I'll attach the current NEWS file. Please check if I missed anything.

Bye,
  Henning

-*-Mode: outline-*-
New with 1.0.18, released 2006-07-02:

* New backends: hp3500 (HP ScanJet 3500 series), pixma (Canon Pixma series),
  stv680 (Aiptek Pencam and similar).
* Updated backends: avision, canon, dll, epson, fujitsu, genesys, gt68xx,
  microtek2, mustek_pp, niash, plustek, snapscan, sp15c, test, u12, umax1220u.
* Scanimage batch mode fixes.
* Scanner lists contain USB vendor/product ids and some statistics now.
* Udev/hotplug lists are generated autmatically from the .desc files now.
* Portability fixes (especially for DragonFlyBSD and HP/UX).
* Build system updates.
* Updated translations.
* Documentation updates.
* Bugfixes.