[sane-devel] Horizontal "squashing" with Mustek 1200UB driver.

Peter Tirsek peter@tirsek.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 21:25:29 +0200 (MEST)

Hello everyone,

I recently got a "Trust Compact scan USB 19200", and as the docs
promised, the Mustek 1200UB driver seems to recognize it and work with
it.

However, when I use it, a somewhat bizarre thing happens: The very
first scan an application performs after it starts up goes well, but
with any subsequent ones, it appears that is scanning a twice the width
horizontally, and squeezing it into the original sized image.

I have made a copule of examples of this available on
http://www.tirsek.dk/scanner/

Has anyone seen this before?

I'm probably going to be hacking a bit away on the driver this weekend
to look for clues, but I thought I'd just ask first.

--
  Peter Tirsek, peter@tirsek.com   | "Linux is not user-friendly!"
                                   | "It _is_ user-friendly. It's just not
#include <std_disclaimer.h>        |  ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly."
#include <rest_of_sig.h>           |    -- Unknown