[sane-devel] [ANN] Mustek USB backend released (for 1200UB, 1200CU and 1200CU Plus)

Sun, 5 Aug 2001 01:46:03 +0200

Hi,

This is the initial release of the Mustek USB backend ("mustek_usb").
It can be downloaded from http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/ .

This backend currently supports the following scanners:

Mustek 1200 UB
Mustek 1200 CU
Mustek 1200 CU Plus
Trust Compact Scan USB 19200

I will try to get more Mustek USB scanners working but don't hold your
breath.

The backend is based on the 1200UB backend provided by Mustek. Thank
you, Mustek, for your Linux support!

This initial release (1.0-1) has the following user-visible changes
compared to the 1200UB backend:

* The bugs concerning garbage on the right side of scans and distorted
  images (e.g. prview) was fixed. So the 1200 CU is fully supported.
* It has a manual page now
* No debugging output if SANE_DEBUG_MSUTEK_USB is not set.

What's not visible is that all the files were heavily restructured,
functions made static, // comments removed, printfs removed.
compilation warnings fixed and lots of similar stuff to get the
backend in a state ready to include it into the SANE CVS.

It's planned to include this backend into the SANE distribution before
SANE 1.0.6 so please test it thoroughly.

This is ALPHA software, be careful. I have tested it on Linux with a
1200UB and 1200CU.

Please send bug and success reports.

Happy scanning!