[sane-devel] Cant get acer 640UT usb to work

Matts Kivik kivik@firstlinux.net
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:58:00 -0700 (PDT)

--- Oliver Schwartz <Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>> Then I start xsane, which looks for devices and then informs me that it
>> found none.(I am root)
>
>Make sure that /dev/scanner does *not* exist. Also check that
>/dev/usbscanner is listed in snapscan.conf. If this doesn't help, run
>'export SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255' in your shell before executing scanimage -L
>and mail me the output.

/dev/scanner does not exist. The console output is:

[root@localhost /root]# ./acerfirm /dev/usbscanner u64v119.bin
0xf8 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
[root@localhost /root]# export SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255
[root@localhost /root]# scanimage -L
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of snapscan to 255.
[snapscan] sane_snapscan_init
[snapscan] add_device(/dev/sga)
[snapscan] add_device: error opening device /dev/sga: Invalid argument
[snapscan] add_device(/dev/usbscanner)
[snapscan] mini_inquiry
[snapscan] mini_inquiry: sanei_scsi_cmd command failed: Error during device I/O
[snapscan] add_device: mini_inquiry failed with Error during device I/O.
[snapscan] sane_snapscan_get_devices (0xbffff380, 0)

find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation which came
with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).
[snapscan] sane_snapscan_exit
[root@localhost /root]#

Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net