[sane-devel] Cant get acer 640UT usb to work

Wed, 8 Aug 2001 22:03:21 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 12:07:17PM -0700, Matts Kivik wrote:
> With sane1.0.5 scanimage works, but xscanimage and xsane (0.79) still
> reports no scanner found. I have'nt done anything else than compiling
> and installing xsane or xscanimage (should I ?) I have tried without
> being root too as xsane wanted.

Usually this means that there are two versions of SANE installed.
Maybe there is the old one from the distribution at /usr/ and you
installed at /usr/local/? configure should have printed a warning in
this case, however.