[sane-devel] Questions from new backend developers

Tim Waugh twaugh@redhat.com
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 13:37:24 +0100

--nrXiCraHbXeog9mY

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 01:41:53PM +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> sanei_ab306 supports the Mustek 600IIN which has it's own ISA i/o
> card. However, this card is very similar to a parport. So I need a way
> to access some ports directly and send data to them (e.g. 0x379). Can
> this be done with libieee1284?

Yes, for the SPP registers (data, control, status).

> I had a quick look at ieee1284.h. What is "the name of a parallel port"?

An arbitrary name, like "parport0" or "0x378".  For presenting to the
user so that they can select a port if they want.

> As you asked for comments: Please don't use "//" for comments, if the
> code should be included into SANE. This will make trouble with older
> compilers on several platforms.

Added to the todo list.

Tim.
*/