[sane-devel] Trust imagery 2400 dpi

Sat, 18 Aug 2001 14:51:27 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 12:35:22PM +0200, Ferry wrote:
> I am trying to get a Trust 2400 imagery series (SCSI) to work with
> sane. When I run xsane the errormessage is: "No devices avalable".
>
> Is this a known problem (only the 1200 and 4800 are supported according the
> list)?

It's not a problem (bug), the scanner is just not supported. Probably
nobody has written a driver.

> Is it possible to get it work anyway?

If SANE doesn't detect it, it's not supported. The two other Trust
models are supported because they are Mustek scanners in reality.

You can find out more about your scanner when you look at the output of

SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=255 scanimage -L

In the SCSI inquiry output there is usually a line about the real
manufacturer of the product. For Trust this may be Mustek, Aashima or
Trust itsself.

If it's Mustek, you may have luck. Otherwise I don't think that it
will work.