[sane-devel] Canon backend (FS2710 problems)

Ulrich Deiters ukd@xenon.pc.Uni-Koeln.DE
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:30:59 +0200 (METDST)

A slightly modified Canon backend, which should avoid the segmentation
faults reported in connection with film scanners, can be picked up
by anonymous FTP from
	stthd0.pc.uni-koeln.de		(cd to pub!)

Has someone tried the raw scanning mode for a FS2710 and obtained a
picture containing random data? If yes, please let me know and tell
me what kind of computer you are using; there might be some misunderstanding
about the proper byte order ("bigendian" vs. "smallendian") which can
be easily corrected. Naturally, I cannot check this on my machine,
but must wait for your feedback.

Ulrich Deiters