AW: [sane-devel] Scanner/Xsane/linux

Peter Kirchgessner peter@kirchgessner.net
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 20:28:52 +0200

Hello Ronald,

thank you for your private answer in German. I post my reply to the
SANE-mailing list because the others watching the list

- should see that your question has been worked on already
- can follow the posting
- can supply more help

As you write, you are trying to get your scanner "Scanny @network"
working with Suse Linux 7.1. The scanner is connected to the parallel
port.

The list of supported scanners at http://www.mostang.com/sane does not
show your scanner.
You can follow a link to parallel port scanners to
http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners.html .
There a scanner "Network Scanny MM100" is mentioned which is similar to
a Colorado Direct 300 or 600. Maybe this is yours ?
So you could try the corresponding link to
http://primax.sourceforge.net/ to find more informations about that
scanner. If it does not help, try again the sane-devel-mailing list.
Maybe someone else has more information about your scanner.

--Peter

--
Peter Kirchgessner
http://www.kirchgessner.net