[sane-devel] segmentation fault

Brian C brianc1969@earthlink.net
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 22:05:59 -0600

Hi,

I'm getting segmentation faults while running my newly installed sane 1.0.5
with xsane .79.  All the packages (xsane, libsane 1.0.5, sane backends 1.0.5,
sane frontends 1.0.5) were installed from RPMs from the Mandrake mirror.
When I run xsane from a konsole, I get this error:

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
Segmentation fault

Simply running xscanimage returns only the Segmentation fault.

I'm running Mandrake 8.0 with kernel 2.4.9.  I also run KDE 2.1.  My hardware
is an adaptec 2940 dual with a cdwriter and hdd on channel 0, and the scanner
on channel 1.  My scanner is a microtek scanmaker E6 which should be fully
supported by the microtek backend.

For further clarification, the error occurs when I push the button to either
scan or preview in either xscanimage or xsane.  The scanner starts and then
the program immediately faults out and the scanner stops.  When running
scanimage -L, it shows the scanner no problem, and no other scanners listed.
I don't know what else to do, any ideas?

TIA for any and all help.

Brian