[sane-devel] [dev] dependencies on sanei_scsi and sanei_usb

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:05:34 +0200

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just pointed to a problem with dependencies in the
> backend/Makefile(.in): The backend libraries have entries like
>
> libsane-artec.la: ../sanei/sanei_config2.lo
>
> for all the sanei files they depend on. However sanei_config2 itsself
> depends on sanei_scsi and (since my commit) sanei_usb. Some backends
> have a dependency for sanei_config2 but not sanei_scsi (e.g. as6e,
> mustek_pp) and no one has a dependency for sanei_usb. While on my
> system this works (no library load errors) this doesn't semm to be
> true for all systems.
>
> Am I right that all backends using sanei_config2 also must be made
> dependant on sanei_scsi and sanei_usb?

Hello Henning,

if this is true then we should find an other solution.
It does not make sense that a scsi backend links to sanei_usb
and vice versa.

If necessary we should create a sanei_usb_config and a sanei_pp_config.

Bye
Oliver

--
Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de