[sane-devel] The UMAX Astra 600s vs the Adaptec 2906

Phlip pplumlee@celterra.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:07:38 -0700

On Tuesday 28 August 2001 15:06, Phlip wrote:
> Sane People:
>
> Mandrake 7.2, via g_NCR5380, liked the el-cheapo SCSI card that came with
> my UMAX.
>
> Mandrake 8.0 kacked at boot time (before the rc scripts) if the UMAX were
> turned on. If I turned it off at boot time & on later, nothing would ever
> work. 'modprobe g_NCR5380' would do nothing.
>
> So I got an Adaptec 2906 card to replace the other. Now kudzu (or whatever)
> recognizes the card, and aic7xxx is active in the modules list...
>
> ...but find-scanners returns nothing, and /proc/scsi/scsi is empty.

It's an old motherboard with PnP issues. I pulled out some other cards and
the g_NCR5380 card never woke up, but the 2906 now works. It was an interrupt
conflict - end of crisis!

--
Phlip