[sane-devel] undefined sybol : sanei_usb_find_devices

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:40:33 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 07:59:10PM +0200, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> Using last CVS code, Kernel 2.4.6 on a RedHat box,
> I'm getting the message :
>
> $ scanimage -L
> scanimage: error while loading shared libraries:
> /usr/local/lib/sane/libsane-snapscan.so.1: undefined
> symbol: sanei_usb_find_devices

Se my post "[dev] dependencies on sanei_scsi and sanei_usb" from
yesterday. As a workaround, add the line

libsane-snapscan.la: ../sanei/sanei_usb.lo

to backend/Makefile.in (look for similar lines at the end of the file).
Do make distclean; ./configure ; make ; make install again.
If you don't need snapscan, disable it in dll.conf and only add a line
for the backend you need in Makefile.in.

This will be solved in CVS soon when I find a cute solution :-)