[sane-devel] Microtek V6USL over USB - hangs the box

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Aug 7 18:37:52 BST 2001

Greetings folks.

Regretably, there isn't much to go on here, unless sharing an IRQ with
my SB-Live is what's causing the lockup.

System is an ABIT KA7 mobo, running RH7.1, custom kernel.

The attached file is a logfile created using the script command, but
with cruft edited out, a few comments, and relevant /var/log/messages
pasted in at the end.

If there's any hope, I'm happy to set whatever additional debugging
options would be useful. `lspci -v` output?

Note that this scanner was running OK for a while on a Windoze box, but
got to the point of consistently hanging midway through a scan. It was
running on the el-cheapo Adaptec SCSI card included with the scanner. If
I'm going to stick a SCSI card in the Linux box, I'd rather it be a much
better rendition. I was hoping that using the USB interface would
present the fewest variables, since the failure on the Windoze box could
have been the SCSI card, not the scanner, or something else (the Windoze
box hangs on shutdown sometimes, even without the SCSI card in it).

Oh, FWIW, this is the only USB device on my system. I haven't tried any
other USB interfaces.

TIA
Regards,
jed
--
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a
 difference. Free Software developers don't have that problem."