[sane-devel] driver for LM983x based scanners - V0.40-7

Jaeger, Gerhard g.jaeger@earthling.net
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 14:00:15 +0100

Hi Karl Heinz,

the general framework for LM983x (x=1 or 2, maybe 3) has already been
done. With this framework, it is possible to make such devices work,
by adding the Vendor and Product ID and other basic settings to the
internal device list...

What I need, is someone with an EPSON 1250 and some experience in
hacking...
By optaining the specs of the EPSON 1250 (the IDs, DPI and memory info)
I'm able to prepare the driver code, so the backend is able to recognise
the device. To make it work at least, some finetuning is necessary
(hopefully) and this can only be done by somebody owning this scanner type...

In the meantime, Henning (for the Mustek Bearpaws) and Stefan (for the
HP2200c) are checking the code and trying to make it work for their LM983x
based devices...

Hope this answers you question
Gerhard