[sane-devel] can not convert sane output

Wed, 5 Dec 2001 22:54:28 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 12:14:05AM +0900, Yuji Oishi wrote:
> # scanimage > out.pnm
> # cjpeg out.pnm > out.jpg
> Not a PPM/PGM file                 <---- Error happen
>
> # scanimage --mode Color > out.pnm
> # cjpeg out.pnm > out.jpg
> Premature end of input file        <---- Warning(But out.jpg can be seen)

I can't reproduce any of these xases. However, I'm using a Mustek
scanner.

Can you put these two pnm files somewhere on a web or FTP server or
send them to me personally (not the list!) if they are smaller than 4
MB. Maybe it's possible to see, if there is a problem.

> I want to avoid these error and warning.
> Are there any fixes for these?

Maybe a problem with the epson backend? In principle, the pnm output
of scanimage is ok.

I don't know if this helps, but scanimage can also produce tiff
images. If you can use GUI programs: XSane can produce jpeg files
directly.

> If a good(?) converter is available, I want to use it.

I don't know if it's good:  convert (from ImageMagick).