[sane-devel] can not convert sane output

jim.george@edify.com jim.george@edify.com
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 08:52:11 -0800

Henning,

I too use a Mustek 1200CP but see the same problems as Yoshi.

You may remember that I'm the person that appears to lose 1/4 of the
right-hand side of a scan when using Gimp, Xsane etc.?  When I try to use
scanimage (if it finishes) the result is an incomplete file (as reported by
gimp).

Regards,

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Henning Meier-Geinitz [mailto:henning@meier-geinitz.de]
Sent: 05 December 2001 21:54
To: sane-devel@mostang.com
Subject: Re: [sane-devel] can not convert sane output

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 12:14:05AM +0900, Yuji Oishi wrote:
> # scanimage > out.pnm
> # cjpeg out.pnm > out.jpg
> Not a PPM/PGM file                 <---- Error happen
>
> # scanimage --mode Color > out.pnm
> # cjpeg out.pnm > out.jpg
> Premature end of input file        <---- Warning(But out.jpg can be seen)

I can't reproduce any of these xases. However, I'm using a Mustek
scanner.

Can you put these two pnm files somewhere on a web or FTP server or
send them to me personally (not the list!) if they are smaller than 4
MB. Maybe it's possible to see, if there is a problem.

> I want to avoid these error and warning.
> Are there any fixes for these?

Maybe a problem with the epson backend? In principle, the pnm output
of scanimage is ok.

I don't know if this helps, but scanimage can also produce tiff
images. If you can use GUI programs: XSane can produce jpeg files
directly.

> If a good(?) converter is available, I want to use it.

I don't know if it's good:  convert (from ImageMagick).