[sane-devel] Minolta Scan Elite II

Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida moitinho@civil.ist.utl.pt
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:11:07 +0000

On Wednesday 12 December 2001 13:11, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> Minolta just released or is about to do so the new Scan Elite II slide
> scanner. It looks like a Scan Dual II with ICE, ROC, etc, and it offers
> FireWire as well as USB. I was wondering if anyone got his hands on this
> model and how it would be possible to support (using and existing
> back-end). I'm planing to buy a Scan anytime soon, but I'm willing to be
> sure that having it supported in SANE wouldn't be to hard (I can help if I
> have the hardware).
>
> Any thought ?

Looks nice.

Asking Minolta if they will provide technical documentation to write/expand
the backend, ->before<- you buy your scanner, may be a good point.

If this scanner is also manufactured by avision it is likelly that it will be
supported by the backend in development, but other than the looks are there
any reason to believe that it is?

Regards

Ze Paulo