[sane-devel] Scanner stopped working

Richard W. Knight rick@rlknight.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:27:38 -0800

I have a Umax Astra 1200S scanner that has been working perfectly with
Xsane and Gimp for quite some time. The other day I configured USB
support on my system and now the scanner won't work. I've tried Xsane,
xscanimage and scanimage and each time the program just hangs. No error
messages, nothing. When I run sane-find-scanner I get the following
error message...

sane-find-scanner: error while loading shared libraries:
libusb-0.1.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

My scanner is SCSI, not USB. I have a USB digital camera that works just
fine and the file mentioned above does exist and is in the right place
as far as I can tell.

I have a dual boot system and the scanner does work under Win98

Can anyone help me get this scanner working again?

--
Thanks,
Rick Knight