[sane-devel] Shall I forget Sane for my Prisa 620S with its Acard?

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 18:47:03 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 08:09:36PM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> Hmmm, that means I would have to open up the computer and replace the
> Acard card... Is this another case of a manufacturer with a
> non-disclosure agreement with microsoft, etc. causing the Sane staff
> to be unable to write software to operate it?

SANE doesn't really deal with SCSI drivers, that's a job for the kernel.

At least with older Linux kernels, there were quite some problems with
the ACARDs. Some information is on
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/docu.html#SCSI (search for Acard).
However, it's from Mustek users so it may not be the excat same problem.

hth,
  Henning