[sane-devel] Epson usb/kernel upgrade problem fixed

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 08:46:39 -0500

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 02:41:23AM -0800, sane@michael.mailshell.com wrote:
>=20
> Upgrading from kernel 2.4.16.6 to 2.4.16.11 fixed Sane, including the cra=
shing problem on snanner power-off.

This seems to be for one specific distribution. The Linux kernels use a dif=
ferent
numbering schema. What distribution are you running?=20

>=20
> 1 minor issue left:
> xsane works, but not the icon does not because the icon uses a (bad) comm=
and of
> /usr/bin/xsane /dev/usb/scanner0
> This needs to be changed to just:
> /usr/bin/xsane
> I can probably find this in the docs somewhere tomorrow.

This again looks like something that is specific to the distribution you ar=
e running.
XSane does not come with an "icon" - you are probably talking about a deskt=
op icon
that is used to start XSane by clicking on it. This is not part of the stan=
dard
XSane package. Your Linux distribution installs this and you should talk to=
=20
whoever made the distribution.=20

Karl HEinz

--=20