[sane-devel] Yet another saned problem

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 14:17:08 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 12:14:45PM +0100, mh wrote:
> I don't know, whether this is related to your modifications, but I'm having
> problems with the CVS version (co this morning) and the pnm backend over
> net/saned/localhost.
> After I type in username and password in the authorization dialog/ on the
> command line, the frontend freezes quite often. I tried this with XSane,
> scanimage and QuiteInsane.
>
> Last words from net (without previous errors):
> [net] do_authorization: relaying authentication data

At least me can't reproduce this. But I will try more.
I think I have seen a similar report months ago so this may be another
race condition.

> Sorry, I actually don't have further information, but maybe someone can at
> least confirm this.

Can you please disable saned in inetd.conf (or xinetd.conf), restart
inetd, and start saned manually:

SANE_DEBUG_PNM=255 saned -d128 2>dbg.log

And now do a scan. If it results in a hang, please send me the dbg.log.