[sane-devel] [Announcement:] SaneTwain available for download

Herman Kuiper herman at ozuzo.net
Sun Dec 9 21:17:23 GMT 2001

Hello,

Via this mailing list I would like to announce the availability of the
first version of SaneTwain.

SaneTwain is TWAIN compliant datasource which is able to connect to a SANE
scanner backend. By querying the SANE backend it builds a GUI which can be
used to set the options (or capabilities) of the scanner. It offers preview
and scanning of multiple regions.

SaneTwain uses GenDS by Dosadi for the TWAIN layer. The socket
communication with SANE has been created from scratch. Some other source
code from SANE is re-used.

Binaries are available for download, source code is available on request.
Borland C++Builder and TToolbar97 are required for compilation. The binary
package includes a datasource, a standalone executable and documentation.

Disclaimer: I've written SaneTwain solely to be able to scan from within
programs such as Corel Photopaint using my Epson Perfection 610 scanner
connected to a Linux-box. I tested all options available on that scanner
and the SANE PNM pseudo-device. Bugs are most likely to remain, and I
cannot guarantee full support for SaneTwain. I do however believe SaneTwain
is a far more useful package than the other SANE to TWAIN bridges
available. For more information on known bugs and limitations, please refer
to the documentation.

URL for more information and download: http://sanetwain.ozuzo.net

	Herman Kuiper