[sane-devel] Re: How to write a backend?

Pierre Abbat phma@oltronics.net
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 00:11:13 -0400

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, karsten.festag@t-online.de wrote:
>Hi Pierre,
>I managed wine to recognize my scanner because it is a scsi-over
>parport one and there is the ppscsi driver for Linux. I have a patch
>for wine which traces the scsi-commands sent to the scanner. This is
>the easiest thing because you can use the SCSI-Support of SANE. If it
>is another parport protocol you may try to use the windows portmonitor
>(I don't remember where to get it, search for it) and trace the data
>that is sent over the parport. But I would suggest opening your scanner
>and writing down the types of the chips that are used. Then ask the
>group or search the web for specs of these chips. Probably you get
>information about the protocol this way.

Okay, here are the chips:

Avision 163-54-000005 9748LD042 gullwing package
Two UT61256SC-15 9802 surface-mount DIPs
Avision 112-0009-0 (8534) 9803A BC81E5 18-pin throughhole DIP
National Semiconductor E9742AB LM9811CCV quad J-lead
Texas Instruments 54A20DK HC245 20-pin surface-mount DIP

Is that similar to some known scanner?

phma