[sane-devel] Parallel as non root

Jochen Eisinger jochen.eisinger@gmx.de
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:19:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

The solution to your problem is the SANE network daemon saned. You
can install saned who is running as root (yes, the man-page says, this
isn't recommended) and allow users to access to scanner over TCP.

Please see the man-pages saned, sane-net and sane-mustek_pp for hints
how to setup this. Information about user authentication with passwords
is provided in the man-pages saned and scanimage.

regards
- -- jochen

[Richard]