[sane-devel] Microtek ScanMaker V6UPL

decibel decibel8 at home.com
Tue Jul 24 05:50:12 BST 2001

I have the Microtek ScanMaker V6UPL working in Linux using the microtek2.conf backend (newest version)
I got some help from Kristian Stark and have scanned several pictures with it.

All that was required was adding the scanner to kernel module microtek.c, then recompiling the kernel, including the microtek driver in the kernel. Then looked up dmesg to see what device it was attached to and put 'alias sg1 scanner' in the modules.conf file.

The only problem so far is I get a 'scsihostadapter' module not found warning during boot, but I think that is a side effect of installing scsi in the kernel and not actually having any scsi devices. The CD Writer and scanner are scsi0 and scsi1 and both work.

I am writing a tutorial on how to do it at http://members.home.net/decibels.com/

If you have any contacts you could tell the microtek.c driver writer to add the scanner in the driver, but maybe since it has to be compiled in the kernel that might be a little more than just having him add it. I'm sure you know more about this than me.

Dave