[sane-devel] Film scanners (was Re: Nikon Coolscan SCSI commands)

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Tue Jul 24 21:00:24 BST 2001

Hi,

> Does someone know a webpage, where one can find test-images for different
> scanners/film types (before they are processed by vuescan, of course).
> Or could someone supply those images?

Don't know of any such page. But I just found a file named filmtype.ini,
delivered with my Acer W2K drivers, available from
http://www.acercm.com.tw/global/service/scan/drivers/MiraScan%20v3.43U.zip
(Be warned - it's 10MB to download. The ini file itself is only a few kB.)

The file contains driver settings for 21 types of negatives. The only
settings which are easy to identify are the RGB gamma settings - the others
are open to guessing. It's also interesting to note that they use different
settings depending on the scanner model.

Thought it may be useful,

Oliver