[sane-devel] RE: Problem which FUJITSU M3096/7G

Milen Cholashki milen at mail.vega.bg
Tue Jul 24 20:46:07 BST 2001

Hello, my name is Milen Cholashki .

I own Fujitsu M 3096G , and M 3097G scanner.
My PC is a Celeron 400Mhz, 128Mb RAM, SCSI Ncr 53C810 PCI, Windows 98 Second
Edition.

I'm in the strange situation, concerning my scanners.
Fujitsu Scanner Control Center shows an error, saying that the scanner could
not be found. The strange thing is the TWAIN driver works, but i got an
incorrect scan - it scans only the beginning of the original, and the size of
that part depends on scanning resolution, i.e. on 200dpi you get twice big
area than on 400dpi. The size in bytes of the correctly scanned area is exactly 64KB.
I'm sending you the result of 200dpi A5 scan. As you can see it is not scanned completely,
but only the beginnings of the original (64KB).
I've tried with different SCSI card - an Adaptec AHA-1542 - the result were the same.
Under Linux with SANE 1.0.5 - also the same problem. I do have all user guides and other
support information from FUJITSU CANADA web site, but nothing useful about my problem so far.
Obviously it's not a typical problem, although i have it with all my scanners
( i have two M 3096G's and one M 3097G ).

Your colleague at FUJITSU suggested a hardware glitch, but I've tried another scanner -
a Microtek E6 on the same hardware platform/SCSI host and it worked fine both under
Windows and Linux.

Can you suggest something about that?

Do you know where i can read more about my scanners ?

Best Regards
Milen Cholashki
Varna
BULGARIA