[sane-devel] DevCom Black Widow 9636 HiRes (SCSI Scanner)

Simon Munton simon at munton.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 20:40:26 BST 2001

Hi Roger,

It looks like the Blackwidow scanner has had its SCSI vendor and product ID
changed. You can get the artec backend to 'pretend' that a scanner it finds
has a different vendor/product ID - see the sane-artec man page. Basically,
you need to add the following lines to artec.conf just before the device
line that applies to your scanner:

vendor ULTIMA
model AT12

You might want to add the device name that corresponds to your scanner.

Hope this helps

Simon