[sane-devel] Mustek 1200 USB Plus - RH Linux 7.1

Wed, 7 Nov 2001 20:08:36 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 09:47:03AM +0100, Oliver.Neukum@lrz.uni-muenchen.de wrote:
> > > The latter worked the first time after I did a
> > > modprobe scanner vendor=0x055f product=0x0007
> >
> > Looks ok. So it's at least detected by the Linux kernel scanner module.
>
> Which is pretty much meaningless. Given ids manually that module will
> accept almost anything with 2 bulk endpoints and optionally an interrupt
> endpoint. It would eg. happily go for a harddrive.

Generally spoken, that's right. However, concerning Mustek USB
scanners support by the scanner driver and a product id of 0x055f
means that there is a good chance that the scanner will be supported
some time.

There are some devices (e.g. the Mustek 1200UB Plus and CU Plus) that
are not detected by the scanner module, even if their ids are
explicitely given. They only have one endpoint (bulk in). Really :-)
And are likely to be not supported by my backend.