[sane-devel] ScanJet 4c, scanimage hangs

Nathan Cassano nathan@cjhunter.com
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 08:21:05 -0800

Hi,

I tried the 'disable-scsi-request' option, made a direct connection to
/dev/sg0 in my hp.conf and changed but I am still seeing the same slow
behavior. Has anyone gotten this scanner and SCSI card to work with
Linux? If you have please email me your configuration (kernel version,
sane version, conf files) and I'll given it a try. Help.

hp.conf
/dev/sg0
option disable-scsi-request

# scanimage -L
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of hp to 255.
[hp] sane_init called
[hp] sane_init will finish with Success
[hp] sane_get_devices called
[hp] hp_read_config: hp backend v0.95 starts reading config file
[hp] hp_read_config: processing line </dev/sg0>
[hp] hp_read_config: processing line <option disable-scsi-request>
[hp] hp_read_config: attach /dev/sg0
[hp] hp_get_dev: New device /dev/sg0, connect-scsi, scsi-request=0
[hp] sanei_hp_device_new: /dev/sg0

# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
  Vendor: HP       Model: C2520A           Rev: 3503
  Type:   Processor                        ANSI SCSI revision: 02

# cat /proc/scsi/sym53c4/0
Symbios Logic 53c416 (rev. 0) at 0x200, irq 5, SCSI-ID 7, fast pio