[sane-devel] Epson 640U problem

Frank J.Ramsay fjr@marsdome.myip.org
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 22:04:10 -0500

I did look at that site (it's actually how I got the scanner working prior to
the upgrade)

crw-rw-rw-    1 fjr      root     180,  48 Aug 30 16:30 /dev/usb/scanner0

As you can see here the scanner device is read/write for everyone and it is
180,48  and no root can't scan either.  The ownership of the device is
strange, I tried making it root:root but that didn't help :(

I also noticed that if I don't kill xscanimage then eventually I get this in
/var/log/messages:
Nov  9 21:51:44 atredies kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout

		-fjr