[sane-devel] Weird vertical stripes on Microtek ScanMaker X12USL (sane-1.05)

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 11:34:18 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 11:25:01PM +0000, Michael Thomson wrote:
> 2)  When I downloaded the sane-frontends and sane-backends version 1.06,
>     I tried to compile the backends first, and get the following error:
>
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/home/michthom/sane-backends-1.0.6/tools'
> > gcc -o umax_pp umax_pp.o ../backend/umax_pp_low.o ../sanei/libsanei.a
> > ../lib/liblib.a -lnsl -lm -ljpeg
> > ../backend/umax_pp_low.o: In function `Outb':
> > /home/michthom/sane-backends-1.0.6/backend/umax_pp_low.c:642: undefined
> > reference to `outb'

Arghh. We must find a more portable way for this parport stuff.
To the parport developers: Is there no way to check for the
availability of all the inb/outw etc. functions before using them?

>     Is there any way to disable the umax backend build so I can see if the
>     microtek2 backend in 1.06 fixes my problem?

It's the umax_pp backend. Edit backend/Makefile.in and remove umax_pp
in the list of backends. Do "make distclean", and start again with
configure. You may get an error in tools/ but you can ignore it.

Thanks for your report. Did you compile SANE 1.0.5 on your own or was
it included as binary in your distribution? Did compilation work
without problems?