[sane-devel] Re: Weird vertical stripes on Microtek ScanMaker X12USL (sane-1.05)

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:01:12 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 09:32:15PM +0000, Michael Thomson wrote:
> Sadly I'm still getting weird stripes, but I found a previous discussion on
> this and I've mailed the folk involved to see if they made any progress.

I don't have your scanner or even know the backend. However, these
stripes look like my experiments with Mustek scanners when I didn't do
calibration or made mistakes when calculating calibration data. The
CCD (or whatever system your scanner uses) elements vary slightly in
sensitivity for the three colors. So stripes are quite normal if
calibration isn't done or done incorrectly. Maybe this is the case
here.

At least for my scanners problems with line distance correction look
different: There are horizontal stripes in the three basic colors.