[sane-devel] Problems with Mustek MFS-06000CX / MFS-06000CZ

rayman towalis superman@bigfoot.de
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:15:06 +0100

hello again,

> host statut = 7 and driver status = 027 indicate that something is going
> wrong inside the Linux SCSI system. host status 7 means some internal
> error within the SCSI drivers; driver status 0x27 means "suggest abort"
> and "hard error".
>
> My guess is that the  sym53c875 driver causes the error -- but
> /var/log/messages might tell more details.

i dont know why, bot now a scanimage -L causes the folowing output (didnt hangs):
rayman:/home/rayman# scanimage -L

this is shown in the /var/log/messages after a scanimage -L:

Nov 13 16:08:48 rayman kernel: sym53c875-0-<1,*>: target did not report SYNC.
Nov 13 16:08:48 rayman kernel: sym53c875-0-<1,0>: COMMAND FAILED (1 ff) @c158500

/proc/scsi/scsi output:

Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
  Vendor: MUSTEK   Model: MSF-06000CZ      Rev: 4.00
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: ffffffff
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
  Vendor: TEAC     Model: CD-ROM CD-532S   Rev: 3.0A
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00
  Vendor: Traxdata Model: CDR4120          Rev: 5.0J
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

thanx for help,
rayman.