[sane-devel] Problems with Mustek MFS-06000CX / MFS-06000CZ

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:07:09 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 04:15:06PM +0100, rayman towalis wrote:
> i dont know why, bot now a scanimage -L causes the folowing output (didnt hangs):
> rayman:/home/rayman# scanimage -L
>
> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
> which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).
>
> this is shown in the /var/log/messages after a scanimage -L:
>
> Nov 13 16:08:48 rayman kernel: sym53c875-0-<1,*>: target did not report SYNC.
> Nov 13 16:08:48 rayman kernel: sym53c875-0-<1,0>: COMMAND FAILED (1 ff) @c158500

This really looks like a SCSI problem. Maybe a bug in the 2.4.5 kernel
SCSI driver for your controller or a problem with cabling/termination?

I once had problems with a 53c800 controller and disconnect/reconnect
(which isn't supported by the Mustek scanners) which were "solved" by
using `options ncr53c8xx ncr53c8xx="disc:n"'. I don't know if this is
related.

> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: MUSTEK   Model: MSF-06000CZ      Rev: 4.00
>   Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: ffffffff

That's ok. The other SCSI devices work without any messages in syslog?