[sane-devel] Microtek SANE bug and fix for ADF

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:03:55 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 09:20:49PM -0700, Maurice Hilarius wrote:
[microtek2 backend]
> The problem is in the 'cancel_scan()' function in microtek2.c.
>
> When using the automatic document feeder, after it has scanned all the
> pages, and there are no more pages to scan, this function is called after
> an I/O error ir produced by the lack of a page to feed.
> It is then supposed to stop the scanner from trying to scan any more pages.
>
> A comment in the code says:
>
> "/* READ IMAGE with a transferlength of 0 aborts a scan */".
>
> This is fine, but then 'close(ms->fd[1])'  may be called
> ms->fd[1] equal to -1      (which does not have any nasty consequences,)
>
> BUT! a bit below that you effectively have 'kill(-1, SIGTERM);'.

Oops. Karsten Gestag will hopefully fix this.

> Meanwhile, an other trivial trouble we see is that 'scanimage' without any
> explicitly specified format is still using an extension of '.pnm' even if
> '--format tiff' is given.

Oops 2. I will fix this.

> For further excitement the manpage claims that "out%d.tif" is _always_ the
> default; at least in the presence of '--batch'.

This one will also be fixed.

> Perhaps this is related to the "features" of a given scanner,  but with the
> "ScanMaker X12USL", (while using the microtek2 backend), we are getting
> "stripes" on both sides of scanned images.

--> backend-dependent, Karsten can answer this.

Thanks for the bug report. I like such exact descriptions and even
more I like patches :-)