[sane-devel] back to MUSTEX 12000 SP SCSI

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 20:47:04 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 04:21:17PM +0100, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> So the question came up if it could be possible that the scanner is not
> properly shut down after a scan was made thus leaving current flow through
> circuitry and the bulb all the time?

Paragon 12000 SP or ScanExpress 12000 SP? The first one never turns
off its lamp. Some versions of the latter one turn off the lamp after
10 or 15 minutes automatically. Anyway, all this is done by the
scanner firmware, the backend is not involved.

I have about 20 Mustek scanners. Some of them were running with the
light turned on for weeks. I have never had any lamp problem.