[sane-devel] HP Photosmart 210 Digi Camera

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:34:57 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 07:38:12PM +0000, Sean Rima wrote:
> Wondering if anyone has managed to use this camera with SANE. I cannot use
> Gphoto as I dislike GUI and never install it.

I have never used gphoto, but the website states:

"Please note that what you get with gPhoto 2.0 is not what you got
with gPhoto1 (0.4.x). gPhoto 2.0 is a set of libraries for accessing
digital cameras.  The only interface that it comes with is a
command-line interface.  You must download graphical applications
separately from the gPhoto2 software.  Don't worry though: there are
plans for native KDE, GNOME, and other frontends. Hopefully your
favorite applications will support gPhoto 2.0!"

There is a gphoto backend included in SANE 1.0.6.

hth,
  Henning