[sane-devel] HP Photosmart 210 Digi Camera

Sean Rima lists@tcob1.net
Wednesday, 21 Nov 2001 10:14:36 +0000

Originally to: Henning Meier-Geinitz

Henning Meier-Geinitz was alleged to have said to All
 something about [sane-devel] HP Photosmart 210 Digi Camera

 HM> Hi,
 HM>
 HM> On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 07:38:12PM +0000, Sean Rima wrote:
 HM> > Wondering if anyone has managed to use this camera with SANE. I cannot
 HM> use
 HM> > Gphoto as I dislike GUI and never install it.
 HM>
 HM> I have never used gphoto, but the website states:
 HM>
 HM> "Please note that what you get with gPhoto 2.0 is not what you got
 HM> with gPhoto1 (0.4.x). gPhoto 2.0 is a set of libraries for accessing
 HM> digital cameras.  The only interface that it comes with is a
 HM> command-line interface.  You must download graphical applications
 HM> separately from the gPhoto2 software.  Don't worry though: there are
 HM> plans for native KDE, GNOME, and other frontends. Hopefully your
 HM> favorite applications will support gPhoto 2.0!"
 HM>
 HM> There is a gphoto backend included in SANE 1.0.6.

Maybe I will download it, I have seen the other message about HP not being
supported but I am willing to try anything to get it working :) I had to put a
HD with Windows into a spare box to use it and I cannot see why it won't work
with Linux. I did try to hppsmtools but that failed to communicate with the
camera.

For developers, if I can get a port sniffer for Windows and sniff the in/out to
the camera would this be of any help.

Sean

... Take your hands off the mouse and assume the position

<-> Gateway Information.
This message originated from a Fidonet System (http://www.fidonet.org)
and was gated at TCOB1 (http://www.tcob1.net)
Please do not respond direct to this message but via the list