[sane-devel] A3 scanning & printing on linux

Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:15:38 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 03:27:16PM +1100, Ron Skeoch wrote:
> I have a need to setup A3 & A4 scanning
> ( photo coppying) & printing under linux
> Has anyone any recomendations on the
> scanner to use (or not use)
> and/or related printing problems.

I don't want to recommend anything. Just an information:
I own a Mustek ScanExpress A3 SP. It works pretty well with SANE. It's
not really a high-end scanner but fro normal scanning it's ok.
Once I borrowed a Mustek Paragon 1200 A3 Pro and added support to
SANE. I can't guarantee, however, that it still works because I don't
have this device anymore. The A3 Pro is a really massive (ca. 20-25
kg) device which produced quite good images (in my opinion) as was
faster then the A3 SP.
I don't have experience with other A3 scanners so I can't compare.