[sane-devel] Re: sane-1.0.6 make-error concerning umax_pp - ongoing 8-(

Colin Walters walters@debian.org
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:27:17 -0500

Erik Inge Bolsų <knan@mo.himolde.no> writes:

> Atari (linux/m68k, netbsd/atari), Amiga (linux/m68k, netbsd/amiga) both
> builtin and addon cards, Archimedes (linux/arm), a few other ARM
> machines, Sun Ultra/AX (linux/sparc64, solaris/sparc), HP's unix
> workstations... (hpux)

Ah, ok.

> ... in general, most hardware platforms do have a parallel port
> available somehow.

Well, I think the issue is not only the availability of a parallel
port, but rather the ability to do device I/O from userspace, which is
what umax_pp_low.c wants to do.

Anways, I have heard the maintainer has dealt with this problem for
the next release.