[sane-devel] Q: Performance Tip wanted, USB vs. SCSI HP 63xx Scanner

Juergen Sauer jojo@automatix.de
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 15:32:57 +0100

Hi!
First, my HP 6350 works very fine in sane 1.0.6, good work !

System Linux 2.4.13-xfs/glibc2.2.2, smp, enough cpus & ram.

But there is a differnce in running this scanner as SCSI or USB.

In the SCSI mode (my system requires an aditional SCSI card for wich is
no slot free) scanning works like a relly fast charm. Preview (xsane) and
scanning runs continuesly.

In usb mode the preview and scanning runns like rrr-stop-rrr-stop... and
so on. The scanner backend does not run the scanner in it's posibilities.

IMHO this is not the matter of data-rate and bandwith, it comes up
scanning small pics like slides etc.

Any ideas ?

TIA
J. Sauer

--
Jürgen Sauer - AutomatiX GmbH, +49-4209-4699, jojo@automatix.de **
** Das Linux Systemhaus - Service - Support - Server - Lösungen **