[sane-devel] is buying parallel port to usb converter for ibm ideascan worth while?

Karsten Festag karsten.festag@t-online.de
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 08:31:11 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

parv schrieb:
> is buying parallel port to usb converter for ibm ideascan
> worth while?
>
> computer is dell i5000e, w/ a usb ports, 25-pin parallel
> port,
> and serial port.
>
> from this 1999 thread, his scanner may be a scanmaker
> 330cs...
>
> http://www.mostang.com/mail-archive/sane-devel/1999-12/0
> 210.html
>
> ...has anybody tried to use this scanner?

A scanmaker 330CS --should-- work with the microtek2 backend. However,
I don't know if sombody has it running.

I'm not sure if the trich with the USB-converter will work. There is a
special kernel module for microtek USB scanners but I suppose it has at
least to be modified for working with an converter.

Regards

Karsten Festag